Subject: z50 CF installation using PocketBSD (experimental)
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: RJ T <rjtonline@hotmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/10/2000 21:28:20
Hi. I've re-installed (fresh) hpcmips on my Workpad z50 with 48 Meg RAM and
96 MB CF.

I had to use the pocketBSD experimental sets as I don't have enough space to
load the latest full-size snapshot sets (I tried :-(   ). Also, I do not
have a comile environment for the z50 (never done a BSD compile either). I'm
dependent on you binaries.

Anyway, the reduced sets do work, but I've run into a problem. The way I'm
transfering files between my PC (Win98SE / Linux 2.2.14) and the z50 is by a
small msdos partition on the CF card (21 MB). This worked well with the
20000315 snapshot but it seems the pocketBSD experimental binaries are
missing the mount_msdos program. So, I'm stuck as to using this method for
file transfer.

Stupid question...usning the serial cable or the built-in modem how do I
transfer binary files to/from my z50? (I'm sure it's brain-dead easy but I
plead ignorance).

Robert Taylor