Subject: Re-install assistance
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: The Taylor Family <thetaylorfamily@earthlink.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/29/2000 00:35:18
I'd like to re-install NetBSD on my Workpad z50 (I had previously installed
the 03-15-2000 binaries) but I am confused which sets to get and from where.

I have a 96 MB CF card, which I used to install NetBSD by making a DOS
parition just large enough to hold the sets and then leave me with just
enough space to hold three minimum sets. This worked OK, but now I'd like to
see if it's possible to add the X-windows Server support (or some other
graphics mode). I have an older Xircom ethernet card, which I think I can
use in the PCMCIA slot to my Win98 machine (?) if that would remove the need
to partition the CF card for holding the sets. (Or is using the z50 modem
recommended?).

Updated pointers would be appreciated. I found some of the Japanese-language
instructions sites almost readable (I know no Japanese--just English) but
haven't seen similar updated sites in English.

Robert Taylor
a fan of NetBSD hpcmips developers.