Subject: DSIU and Trackpoint(Re: 3 button emulation is available for Xhpc)
To: NetBSD port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/26/2000 13:52:57
Linux guys finally make z50's Trackpoint driver. I heard that you
can get source code from their cvs repository.
On z50, Trackpoint controller is connected on DSIU (debugging
serial interface unit).

I think that we should do it in two steps:

  1. make DSIU driver as generic serial port driver like com.
  2. make Trackpoint driver, which will work on generic serial
     driver. (as wsmouse glue or something like moused)

But I currently have no time to do it and many of Japanese
developers including me does not have z50.

If you have some interest in this issue, please say 'I will try it'
heere :)

P.S.
  the latter step seems to be related with serial keyboard
  support.