Subject: Re: Linux Emulation in hpcmips
To: None <sramsby@u.washington.edu>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/23/2000 11:41:41
In message <HEEJIMJKMICOPICMAOPDEEEGCBAA.sramsby@u.washington.edu> "Scott Ramsby" writes:
: I've noticed that in the package releases for hpcmips there haven't been any
: linux emulation packages like in i386. What's preventing these packages from
: being ported? Thanks.

Someone doing the work.  Pikcing which Linux/MIPS to emulate, as there
are a number of different interfaces there (the ABI tends, iirc, to be
less stable than on linux i386).  Also, there's a dearth of binary
only applications driving it.

Personally, I'd live to see the PECOFF support in NetBSD be ported to
MIPS.  Also of interest would be a ROMFS for the file systems burried
in the ROMs, but that information is compressed, I'm told, and it may
be hard to do this.

Warner