Subject: Re: considering purchacing mobilepro 880 for NetBSD use
To: None <sramsby@u.washington.edu>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/18/2000 12:15:11
[[ since this originally appeared ni the NetBSD list, I'm cc'ing it ]]

In message <HEEJIMJKMICOPICMAOPDIEDKCBAA.sramsby@u.washington.edu> "Scott Ramsby" writes:
: Hehe. Thanks for the heads up. I know that there's no APM hardware but I
: accidentally make terms. Those of us that aren't NetBSD developers make such
: occasional mistakes. Does the power saving mode you're describing turn off
: the screen and backlight as well? How do you configure/use it? Thanks.

Just compile the GENERIC kernel.  It is in there.  Turns off the
screen and backlight, but leaves the power light on.  It is a work in
progress, but definitely saves power.

Warner