Subject: RE: considering purchacing mobilepro 880 for NetBSD use
To: Scott Walters <phaedrus@linux732.dn.net>
From: Scott Ramsby <sramsby@u.washington.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/17/2000 22:53:18
I have a MobilePro 800 (and am getting an 880) and I have run NetBSD on it
and it runs great. There are a few problems reflecting its ALPHA status but
most of it is architecture independent (not related to the port
specifically). I've successfully run X Windows (even GNOME with IceWM,
although it did take a while to load). Sound MIGHT be supported in the
kernel but the precompiled one doesn't have support for it that I've found.
I don't think suspend has been added yet, and I'm not sure if it will (due
to the limited or lack of APM hardware in these things).

Scott