Subject: Re: Looking for advice on hpc models?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/09/2000 17:33:11
In message <200008092256.PAA03267@champagne.dsg.stanford.edu> Jonathan Stone writes:
: thinking about geting an hpcmips device for doing some mips
: development while on the road, with NFS to an i386 laptop.
: I'd prefer a palm-size formfactor rather than subnotebook.

Actually, I just re-read this and the Palm size devices would work
here if you were willing to NFS boot.  You'd need a CF ethernet card
that is supported by NetBSD (there are three cards supported, and 4 on
the market (the 3com 3C1 isn't supported)).  You could then have a
serial console (connected to the i386 laptop) for console interaction
and NFS mount over the ethernet.

Looking at the currently available US models (I cribbed these values
from my mips web page at
	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/pdamips.html
).

The Cassiopeia E-115 (or is that the E-117) which is a pocketPC.  This
has either a 131MHz Vr4121 processor, dependnig on where you look for
information.  It has 32MB of RAM and will work with NetBSD/hpcmips.
The screen may not work properly, but you might not care about that.

Warner