Subject: Re: cross compling procedure
To: None <castor@geocast.com, imp@village.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/07/2000 15:18:45
> I did hit a snag in dual booting my Deskstation rPC44.  There's no DMA
> support for isa devices yet in NetBSD/arc and my scsi controller is on
> the ISA bus.

I was not clear about this in my last message.

What I've wrote is:
>> At least ISA busmaster DMA should not work on RISCserver (or other
>> jazz derived machines) yet, since a necessary hook isn't called.

Please note that "on RISCserver (or other jazz derived machines)".
In other words, there *is* ISA dma support for DESKstation rPC44,
although it haven't been tested, since I don't have DESKstation.

And the above my message was also incorrect, the hook for
jazz dma is already called by isa bus code. So, ISA busmaster DMA may
already work on RISCserver, although it haven't been tested, neither.

> I'll either have to do the same kludge I did to get
> OpenBSD/arc working (damn, has that kludge survive 5 releases).

The btl driver still remains in NetBSD/arc tree. So you can use both
the btl driver (w/ kluge) and the MI bha driver.

> or I'll have to port pmax's or hpcmips busdma code.

I think you don't have to do this. NetBSD/arc already includes
busdma support (except for DESKstation Tyne.)
--
soda