Subject: cross compling procedure
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Prasad Nuli <pnuli@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/01/2000 22:13:32
In the embedded world it is most often done that we
create the kernel an another platform and then
download to the host platform. I am sure many of you
are doing that now. How do I do that and where can I
find the cross compile instructions like if I want to
compile for ( arc code or hpcmips or mips
code ) on intel box  ?

What is the procedure to do that if we dont have the
target hardware yet ?

I am tryin to port netbsd to V3 eval board with
QED5231 Processor. Can any one lead me in the right
direction for setting up development environment on an
intel or mips machine and then create the build for
V3/QED5231

Thanks
Prasad Nuli