Subject: Re: Support for 3com 3c1 cards
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Eric Akira Taketatsu <taketats@hawaii.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/18/2000 09:30:23
Thanks for the quick reply.
> In message <Pine.GSO.4.21.0007180845470.23581-100000@uhunix2> Eric Akira Taketatsu writes:
> : Hi just wanted to know how the development on the 3com 3c1 CF cards are
> : coming along.  And when kernalsthat support this NIC will be
> : available.  Or has anyone have a working kernal already?

I havent did any coding on NETBSD or an OS before.  I can program in C,
but not very well.  BUt this sounds very interesting and ill probably need
some help getting started.  I havent gotten the NETBSD running on my HPC
yet because of the card issue.  I needed it to install from ftp.  However
i am interested in helping out in whatevers way i can.

> Cool.  I have a 3C1 and some "information" on the card.  Are you doing
> an expantion of the ep driver, or a new driver from scratch.  From the
> "information" I have, it looks like tweaks to the ep driver would be
> all that's needed.

tahnks
eric