Subject: Core dump on 20000620-1.5 snapshot
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/25/2000 21:41:24
This afternoon I tried installing the 20000620 snapshot on a z50 that
had been happily
running 20000315.  I downloaded netbsd.gz from the snapshot directory as
well as a copy of
pbsdboot1 onto the DOS partition of my IBM Microdrive. I booted into
sysinst without any
problems and tried to do an ftp install.  I was able to configure my
IPv4 network with no
difficulty but autoconfiguring IPv6 didn't work; I ultimately didn't
configure IPv6 and
just went ahead.  In any case the ftp install worked fine and I
downloaded and installed the
snapshot.  I rebooted the machine and went back into NetBSD via
pbsdboot1.  Booting up the
new kernel was OK until I got to 'IPv6 mode: host' -- right after that I
get the message
"Segmentation fault - core dumped'.  The boot continues with alternating
kernel messages
("Starting syslogd", e.g) and "Segmentation fault" messages.  Finally
the boot just dies
with "getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping"
repeating endlessly.  Is
there a problem with the 20000620 snapshot or have I done something
amiss??  I've installed
hpcmips sucessfully before so I kinda think it's the former.  Anyone
have any insights?
Should I retreat to 20000315?

Thanks for any help....

Steve