Subject: Re: [linuxce-devel] Announce: philips velo 1 port (and cry for help with keyboard)
To: Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com>
From: Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/13/2000 11:42:12
Hi!

> > I've got linux successfully booting on Philips Velo 1. Windows ce1.0
> > are needed for bootloader, and my binary requires 12Meg of ram but I
> > could change that easily.
>
> Very cool!
>
> > Serial and display is fully working; touchpanel is flaky but somehow
> > works. I have no info about keyobard, and desperately seraching for
> > info how to program the keyboard. Any help would be welcome.
>
> Is the keyboard hooked up through the Motorola microcontroller?  That won't
> be any fun to reverse-engineer.

I'm afraid it is connected to motorola ucontroler. I did not yet
opened my velo 1 (I'm afraid I could damage it), but person who opened
velo 500 says it is definitely hooked to it. And now, the question is:
are there any hints how to reverse-engineer it?

Keyboard press of _any_ key is routed to one of gpio pins. I thought
motorolla ucontroller could be connected to SPI bus, but I see no
interrupts from SPI. Should I try to write random values to SPI bus to
see if something gets back?

								Pavel
--
I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."