Subject: [Fwd: NetBSD Help]
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tak Pui Lou <lou@man-97-187.reshall.berkeley.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/03/2000 22:55:16
David Brownlee wrote:

>         There are various paged under http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/
>         include a very good guide.
>
>                 David/absolute
>                                        -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --
>
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Terry Mathews wrote:
>
> > I sold my Z50 a while ago and now I won't have need of this list
> > anymore. I had fun reading it. Can you guys reccomend a list for a
> > newbie like me to get help setting up NetBSD and general usage (Mostly
> > on x86, also on a Sparc5). I've had real trouble with compiling the
> > kernel and making disklabels for HDs.
> >
> > There isn't a newbie HOWTO webpage like there is for Linux, is there?
> >

> > Terry

Just got a new z50 from Insight on Wed. I am disappointed by the pocket
office. Then, I load NetBSD kernel on it. Good job! :-) I didn't expect
I can run it because my haven't ordered the RAM and CF memory yet.

I am going to order the RAM first. I don't know if I want a microdrive
or CF disk. I have the following questions:

1. Which one is more reliable? (in terms of data and the device itself)
2. Which one is faster?
3. Can you choose to use the CF disk as RAM and disk storage?
4. Do I have to get a CF disk or microdrive? After I halt the machine, I
reset the device with the button at bottom. Everything is gone and I
need to set the clock again.

When I transferred the files using PC link, it is very slow. Does anyone
success in connecting a PC with a speed higher than 19200bps? M$ stuff
sucks even for CE. I saw the Linksys EtherFast on
http://www.cewindows.net/wce/20/ethernet.htm and he said that it is the
only 100mb/s PC card. Does it support NetBSD and CE?

Once again, thank you. I appreciate this hpcmips port.

---
Takpui