Subject: Re: Clio 1050 freezes on PCMCIA insertion
To: Joe Abley <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/28/2000 11:21:56
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Abley" <jabley@automagic.org>
To: <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 7:09 PM
Subject: Clio 1050 freezes on PCMCIA insertion

> Hey,
>
> My clio 1050 freezes when I insert my generic NE2000 PCMCIA ethernet card.
> What are the necessary incantations required to get PCMCIA ether support
> in general on hpcmips?

Did you try any other PCMCIA card?
I'm afraid that connection between PCMCIA controller and GPIO unit is
different from connection on clio 1000. GPIO has many port which can
be use as interrupt line. The port# is specified in kernel configuration
file like below,

#
# Vadem Clio and Sharp Tripad
#
vrisab3 at vrgiu? platform SHARP_TRIPAD isaportoffset 0x1000000
isa3    at vrisab3
pcic0   at isa3 port 0x3e0 iomem 0x70000 iosiz 0x4000 irq 0x000d0003

in which 'irq' locator's upper 16bit means the port#. 'irq 0x000d0003'
means port# 13(0xd).

You can roughly estimate the port# with GPIO contoller settings
by Windows CE. You can find it in boot message with verbose
flag (-v). Could you please try it?

Takemura