Subject: Re: Workpad z50
To: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
From: The Taylor Family <thetaylorfamily@earthlink.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/24/2000 20:40:23
See comments interspersed:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jun Ebihara" <jun@soum.co.jp>
To: <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
Sent: Monday, 24 April, 2000 8:07 PM

> From: "RJ T" <rjtonline@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Workpad z50
> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:40:11 -0700
>
> > Just in case anybody is still looking for a z50, I found a store still
> > selling brand-new z50s for a decent price.
> > http://www.apcforless.com/mall/IBMZ50.asp
> > I've bought two of these (not from this source) already. One for me and
one
> > for a buddy. Another friend saw my unit and wants one, too.  These are
great
> > units.
>
> If you build packages collection,
>    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html
> I recommended to purchase optional main memory.

Agreed. Optional memory boosts performance even of WinCE to acceptable
levels.
NetBSD seems to recognize all 48 MB with no difficulty.

> packages for hpcmips,build with my z50 on:
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/tmp/packages/

Does this mean that all the packages in tmp/packages will run on my z50
(similarly configured as yours)? You've got quite a lot of software there.
Audio, graphics, lynx, mosaic, apache...

> make packages still continue..
Looking forward to more of your goodies.

> --
> jun ebihara

Robert Taylor