Subject: Re: wscons multi screen and X
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/23/2000 03:32:31
> 	It wold be nice to also support the 'click both buttons for
> 	middle' syntax. Control+click also has issues with 'how do I get
> 	my xterm control+click menu' :)

I'd rather use a different modifier (Alt? The cheesy windows key?) than
spend any time at all on the "click both" scheme.

With "click both" you have complicated event-analysis code, and a motion
that is physically delicate -- thus fairly easy to botch, especially while
riding in a moving vehicle, or while using the machine anywhere other than
a classic fixed horizontal surface.

And "click both" simply is not an option for stylus systems such as the NEC
MobileGear/MobilePro machines.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com