Subject: Need help
To: hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Terry Mathews <tmathews@erinet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/21/2000 16:29:15
My goal this weekend is to stop pussyfooting around and get NetBSD/1.4
running on my i386 box so I can start work on setting up my WorkPad Z50.

I got it installed and now I've got trouble. I need to add a second HD. I've
got 3 installed. If I understand the naming conventions correctly, they are
wd0, wd1, and wd3. Right now, / is wd0a and /usr is wd0b. I want to create a
single partition on wd1 to take up the whole drive and copy -a everything in
/usr to it, then mount it as /usr.

Q: How do I make paritions??? In Linux, it's fdisk. But, that doesn't appear
to be the command. Digging through man pages, I found newfs, which is
apparently the NetBSD utility that takes the place of Linux's mkfs. The
closest thing I could find was creating an entry in the /etc/disktab and
using disklabel. Is it really that difficult??

Terry