Subject: Re: 128MB CF Card Manafacturer Recommendations
To: PaulC <pc_list@ambersoft.dyndns.org>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/16/2000 16:43:59
In message <20000416172910.A21809@obsd.ambersoft.local> PaulC writes:
: Does anyone have any recommendations or known compatibility problems with
: different CF card manafacturers.

Not that I've seen with 3 different supplier's CF cards I've used in
both my WinCE box and in an embedded 386 application.

: I am looking into getting a 128MF CF card
: from my Z50 and so far Simple Technologies seems to be the cheapest option
: however I wanted to check whether there were any known issues.

Simple works great.

: I saw a note under hardware compatibility in the User FAQ which said 'over
: 48M CF SanDisk' under Compact Flash Storage but wasnt sure what this means
: - would it be safer to stick to SanDisk ?

I've use 64MB SanDisk, 48MB SanDisk and 32MB Viking CF cards w/o
trouble in my Everex Freestyle A-10.

However the Z50 is known to be a little pickier about these cards than
most.  Or am I confusing that with the CF microdisk that IBM makes?

Warner