Subject: Panic using WaveLAN on z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: m. may <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/14/2000 22:01:01
Looks like I've overcome one problem (long story short, the passwd file
trouble I had earlier was because the files had lost their owners when I
opened up the tarball to remove what I didn't need). Here's the next one.
:)

I can use a plain old PCMCIA NIC, including opening connections. I can see
the WaveLAN card when it's inserted. I can configure it using wiconfig, I
can fire it up with ifconfig, and I can ping my targets. But once I try
ftp or telnet, I get this:

panic: TLB out of universe: ksp was 0xc1e9dfd0

The hex address changes each time. If I continue, it'll repeat forever.
I just got the same panic from removing a live card, actually. (I removed
the WaveLAN, no panic. Inserted the 3Com card, configured it, removed
that, and got the panic.)

A couple other questions:

-Are there any binary packages out there for those of us who don't have
the space for a development environment? I need ssh desperately.

-Is there anyone interested in putting together a small-footprint base,
since 64M cards are so much cheaper than 96M/128M?

-Can anyone say definitively whether the z50 has an autorun shortcut like
some other devices?

Thanks,
Matt