Subject: Re: another z50 success!
To: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/13/2000 00:40:01
> > Oh no! It just panic'd in cc1 with a kernel mode bus error! sigh...
> > trap: bus error (load or store) in kernel mode

The panic's have not come back, maybe because I found all the bad blocks on
the HD, or because I stopped trying to use "halt -p" and always use WinCE
to suspend the machine.

Anyway, the z50 has been solid as a rock since I finished installing it.
I took it on a trip last week and it kicked butt.

My only complaints:
    1. have to reboot into WinCE to suspend.
    2. scrolling is SLOW
    3. Type III HD makes noise in a quiet room, and halves the battery life

#1 and #2 are being fixed in -current, and #3 won't be fixed until flash gets
cheaper.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com