Subject: Re: My assumptions about MP700 and CF, etc.
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/31/2000 23:53:50
From: designrw@impop.bellatlantic.net
Subject: My assumptions about MP700 and CF, etc.
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:25:05 -0500

> > If you run with Vr4111 configration,system will stack.
> I see a MobileGear CS1X option (which must, I assume, take care of both
> possibiltiies).

Today I commit Mobile Pro 700 configration to current tree.
pbsdboot.exe will have menu item for Mobile Pro 700.
one moment.

> Any particular boot options I should specify with pbsdboot, assuming that I am not
> going to use the serial console option?

No need special option to normal start up.

> format the CF so it's readable by the CE. But ... if I can place the files on the CF
> and execute the initial part of pbsdboot, doesn't this mean that the CF is already
> in a format that is CE readable? Undoubtedly, I need to have more background.

Yes.
CF divide
   CE readable partition(== dos partition)
   NetBSD partition

CE readable partition contains
    pbsdboot.exe
    netbsd (with sysinst)

anyway,We need more information about MobilePro700.
first we try to reach sysinst menu start up.

--
jun ebihara