Subject: Re: Mobile Pro 700 blues
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/31/2000 00:38:00
From: designrw@impop.bellatlantic.net
Subject: Mobile Pro 700 blues
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:00:34 -0500

>     Takao Shinohara was kind enough to suggest that I select
> MobileGearII MC-R300 as a framebuffer type, adjusting as follows

Please Select MobileGear CS-12 or CS-13.
MC-CS12 has Vr4102 CPU.
MC-R300 has Vr4111 CPU.
and MobilePro700 has Vr4102 chip.
If you run with Vr4111 configration,system will stack.

frame buffer setting is may be true with this setting.
>     Width 640    Height 240
>     Type D2_M2L_0 (BTW, what does this code mean?)

from http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcmips/howto-develop.html

Dxx_yyyy and M2L_y
              xx means frame buffer depth
              y means the pixel value of the forground color in
hexadecimal 'M2L means most significant bit to least significant bit. The
MSB is left pixel and LSB is right pixel if a byte represents two or
more pixels.
       'L2M means reverse order. The 'x2' option provides virtual
double width screen. For example, Palm Size PC, Freestype, which has
LCD of 320x240, pretend to has LCD of 640x480. It had been hack for
debugging until serial port got available. Please don't mind about
it.

>     Address A000000
>     Bytes/line 256
>     ID 04104100    00000000

> After putting the kernel and pbsdboot on the CF root, I get the kernel
> to load (I think), but then the system hangs.

system running with Vr4111 configration.I think.

> files larger than 4MB can't be synchronized. I can't put it in CE memory
> either! I've got WINCE 2.2.

from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/snapshot/20000315/INSTALL.html
NetBSD/hpcmips kernel with system installer costs almost 6MB memory
area. Please allocate Windows CE memory to load sysinst-netbsd
     kernel. If you failed pbsdboot.exe with "cannot allocate heap"
error, allocate more memory and less disk from Windows CE
     [Setting]->[ControlPanel]->[System]->[Memory].

> building for now, since it requires me to do other things to set up the
> development environment, but am willing to do so if needed.

Have you another PC with terminal soft?
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcmips/howto-use.html#booter-console
On pbsdboot,check & set these paramater:
              Serialport on
              Connect your terminal with 9600bps, 8bit, non-parity,
VT100 mode
--
jun ebihara