Subject: z50 and compaq 2015c
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: John Ford <john.ford@corp.usa.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/30/2000 10:31:00
Forgive me if this problem is trivial.

I'm trying to get netbsd running on my IBM z50. I've got a 64Mb Compact F=
lash
Card that it sees just fine in WinCE.  I can't run UNIX on the PC side as=
 I'm
doing this on my work machine during lunches and breaks.  Is everyone els=
using unix on PC side to re parition the flash card?

I'm using the genericnetbsd kernel from the 20000315 snapshot
if I tell it that the file system is =

  generic       I get "cannot mount root, error 79"
  nfs           I get "cannot mount root, error 19"
  anything else I get "cannot mount root, error 6"

I have the same problem on my Compaq 2015c running the TX3912netbsd kerne=
l and
the only fs options are generic and ffs

BTW,  how are you guys getting a dumping the startup to a file so that it=
 may
be sent to the mailing list for help or to show success, or are you just
typing it by hand.

    John