Subject: Mobile Pro 700 blues
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <designrw@impop.bellatlantic.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/26/2000 10:00:34
Hi,
    Takao Shinohara was kind enough to suggest that I select
MobileGearII MC-R300 as a framebuffer type, adjusting as follows

    Width 640    Height 240
    Type D2_M2L_0 (BTW, what does this code mean?)
    Address A000000
    Bytes/line 256
    ID 04104100    00000000

After putting the kernel and pbsdboot on the CF root, I get the kernel
to load (I think), but then the system hangs.

It was suggested that I put the kernel on CE root, but I haven't been
able to do so. According to NEC Support and the Microsoft WINCE support,
files larger than 4MB can't be synchronized. I can't put it in CE memory
either! I've got WINCE 2.2.

Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion? Maybe I need to dig into MP700
documentation? Or compile a kernel myself? I'd like to avoid kernel
building for now, since it requires me to do other things to set up the
development environment, but am willing to do so if needed.

Roy Wilson
designrw@bellatlantic.net