Subject: another z50 success!
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/18/2000 07:19:31
Well, it appears my 170MB Type III ATA drive acquired a couple bad blocks
while in storage. This made sysinst very unhappy. After improvising some
bad-block files, I was able to get a manual install of 20000315 to work.
Yay!

So now my z50 is stretching its legs by building tcsh. Wheee...

Is it possible to suspend these things yet? It would be nice to take it on
the road without the clock getting reset.

I'm probably going to have to reformat the partition with better newfs
parameters, but if there is a real way to deal with the bad blocks, I'd
rather do that first.	"Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?"

Oh no! It just panic'd in cc1 with a kernel mode bus error! sigh...
The kernel had no symbols so all I see are lots of hex numbers in 'trace'.

trap: bus error (load or store) in kernel mode
status=0x7f02, cause=0x81c, epc=0x80155f08, vaddr=0xc1668000
pid=1373 cmd=cc1 usp=0x7ffffa60 ksp=0xc1ebcdf8
Stopped in cc1 at	0x80155f08:	lhu	v0,0(s5)
db>

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com