Subject: Re: Install on IBM z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/07/2000 02:28:20
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 09:40:48 -0700

> Hmmm.  Maybe this is a silly question, but can one use a NetBSD/arc
> system to build binaries for these machines?  It would also be cool if
> one could run the install program on a NetBSD/foo machine and set
> something like make's DESTDIR and create a bootable system from that.
> Is this possible?

may be possible.Is there good arc machine for this purpose?

...Oh,NFS mount is another good choice.many developer do so.
anybody try CODA on hpcmips?

> It would hurt my mind too much to have a 350M disk in my palmtop...

agreed.
But everytime I saw Jumbo TB-class RAID system,
2 cursed images pop-up on my mind.
  1. connect only one tiny Everex to this terrible raid.
     watching make build world on sunny afternoon.
  2. thousands of hpcmips around the raid box and
     dancing like honey-bees.
--
jun ebihara,it's time to go to sleep.2:28AM(JST:GMT+9)