Subject: Re: Install on IBM z50
To: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/06/2000 09:40:48
In message <20000307013137T.jun@soum.co.jp> Jun Ebihara writes:
: SCSI Card
: Adaptec SlimSCSI Card (PCMCIA Card,DO NOT PURCHASE CardBus version)
: with any SCSI Disk works fine.

The SlimSCSI 1460 card (the D rev seems to be the one most available
here in the states) is the one you want.  The 1480 is the CardBus
version, which won't work, like Ebihara-san suggests.

: If you want to build NetBSD/hpcmips system from source file.
: you have 2G SCSI Disks
: If you want to build NetBSD/hpcmips system with all packages
: from source file,5-10G Disks required.

Hmmm.  Maybe this is a silly question, but can one use a NetBSD/arc
system to build binaries for these machines?  It would also be cool if
one could run the install program on a NetBSD/foo machine and set
something like make's DESTDIR and create a bootable system from that.
Is this possible?

: some ATA-PCMCIA cards works fine,but I recommended SCSI system.

I have used sevearal different sizes of CF memory card for my
Freestyle and CLIO made by SanDisk and Simple memory.  Don't know
about other units.

It would hurt my mind too much to have a 350M disk in my palmtop...

Warner