Subject: Re: Install on IBM z50
To: Jack Cate <jack@edgar.edmunds.com>
From: Hans Huebner <hans@Huebner.ORG>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/06/2000 16:00:23
On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Jack Cate wrote:

> I've selected the ibm z50 as the frame type BUT when I try and click boot
> I get an error saying "can not allocate heap"

> Any ideas?

You need to adjust the amount of memory dedicated to program execution in the
"System" control panel of Windows CE (move the slider to the left) before
booting netbsd.

In fact, the boot process for NetBSD is currently not very
straightforward:  Input the correct date/time, quit out of the setup assistant
(note that the setup assistant can be completely skipped by pressing and
holding shift during startup), open the system control panel and adjust memory
allocations (propably not needed with more than 16 MB RAM), open the explorer,
start pbsdboot.exe.

Is there any way to automatically start an application on a Compact Flash
medium under Windows CE?

-Hans