Subject: Problems with install to Microdrive on z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/03/2000 03:13:00
I'm another newbie to hpcmips trying to install NetBSD on my brand new (and cheap!) z50. I've got a 340MB IBM Microdrive in the CF slot and have installed pbsdboot.exe and netbsd from the latest (20000208) snapshot.  I can boot fine, the system seems to see the drive (sorry, don't have the boot messages), I drop into sysinit but when I go to partition the drive the system locks up solid.  Someone had posted an earlier message reporting sucess with a kernel from .../arch/hpcmips/compile/GENERIC so I grabbed that and tried again.  System boots up fine, Microdrive seems to be recognized but I stall out because this kernel doesn't have sysinit.  In the misc directory I've noticed a miniroot file, which, (I think) has a RAM based copy of sysinit.  Anyone have any idea how I can pass an option to the GENERIC kernel to load miniroot?  Any help appreciated....

Thanks,

Steve