Subject: Re: Install on IBM z50
To: Hans Huebner <hans@Huebner.ORG>
From: Ted Milker <tmilker@radiks.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/02/2000 17:22:38
On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 07:23:41PM +0100, Hans Huebner wrote:
> You do not strictly _need_ a laptop to do this, it could just make your life
> much easier.  For a start, just fetch
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/snapshot/20000208/binary/installation/{pbsdboot.exe,netbsd}
> (from within Windows CE) and try to boot the installer.  If it boots,
> recognizes your NIC and CF cards and does so without much delay, you might be
> able to just install straight away.  Let us know.

Okay Hans, I did this.  It seemed to boot fine, with a pause after
something that said like 8196 blocks, I assume that's normal, however,
when it go to detecting the pcmcia cards, this is what I got:

---
Intel, EtherExpress(TM)  PRO/100 PC Card Mobile Adapter16, PRO/100 M16A,
1.0 (manufacturer 0x0089, produc 0x010a) function 0 not configured
---

After this, there is quite a pause, of maybe 2 or 3 mins and then it goes
into Installer, but says no network card has been found.  ifconfig -a
doesn't show any workable ethernet card device.  I can pull the card out
and put it back in, and the pcmcia card shows up again, wit hthe same
message.  Any ideas what's going on?

Ted