Subject: Re: Install on IBM z50
To: Jack Cate <jack@edgar.edmunds.com>
From: Hans Huebner <hans@Huebner.ORG>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/02/2000 18:33:44
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Jack Cate wrote:

> 	Is there a concise document / FAQ / or howto on installing netbsd
> 	on a z50 or other hpcmips based machine?

Not really, the obvious problem being that there are quite a few ways to
succeed here, none being particularily preferable with the current state of
development.  Also, some auxilary hardware is required to do this, the options
ranging from using a NFS server to do a network install to installing onto the
CompaqFlash on another system which groks CompactFlash.  The latter approach
is what I'll do tonight again.  If you're interested, I'll write a notebook on
what I did to get it to run.

-Hans

--
finger hans@huebner.org for details