Subject: Re: pbsdboot & MobilePro700 (VR4102 - 54Mhz)
To: Roy Wilson <rwwst6+@pitt.edu>
From: Takao Shinohara <shin@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/27/2000 21:58:57
Roy Wilson <rwwst6+@pitt.edu> writes:
> I've tried selecting the MC-CSXX frame buffer and also tried (somewhat
> blindly) to set some of the obvious parameters (e.g., width = 640 for a
> MP700). In the first case, I get the following on the MP700 display:
>
> mem_cluster_cnt = 3
> mem_clusters[0] = {0x0,0x1f5000}
> mem_clusters[1] = ....
> mem_clusters[2] = ....

It seems that your kernel hit the bug in memory size detection code.
Try newer kernel binary snapshot which I have just updated. And select
"MobileGearII MC-R300" as frame buffer type.

If kernel boots successfully, you will then encounter keyboard layout
problem. I'm sure you can't input from keyboard properly.

To solve keyboard layout problem, you have to investigate keyboard scan
codes. To show keyboard scan codes, use the frame buffer settings below
and boot kernel.

	Name	MobilePro 700
	Width	640	Height	240
	Type	D2_M2L_0
	Address	A000000
Bytes/line	256
ID	04104100	00000000

At "root device: " kernel prompt, push every key and write down the scan
code displayed on the screen. Then send me the scan code data such as;

	Key	scan code
	1	0x1f
	2	0x2e
	:	:
	:	:

With this data, I can add the scan code to keycode mapping table for
MobilePro 700 to kernel.

Takao Shinohara