Subject: Re: Problems on Clio...
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/19/2000 05:22:56
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> These smell like cache coherency problems to me.  I'm not entirely
> sure what the cause of that is.  Can you build a minimal snapshot on a
> large flash pccard/cf card and try this too?  I'm up to my elbows in
> aligators right now.  It may be a aic releated thing rather than a
> general problem.

  Is there a way to put both a MBR and disklabel on the flash card?  It
seems the disklabel always overwrites the MBR.

  Ok, it looks like the flash card is doing fine.  I just untarred and
mostly built pine without any problems (ran out of disk space near the
end).  A second boot also works, fsck and all.

  Also, I noticed that when I halt it (both on sd and wd) it gives two
warnings about "terminating active vnode".

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net