Subject: Re: Recommendations for NEC MobilePro 800 ?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/16/2000 10:29:54
In message <200001161257.EAA23131@shell17.ba.best.com> Todd Whitesel writes:
: First off, is the 800 supported well enough that what I have in mind here
: is reasonable?

Yes.  It should work well.  The Japanese version if what many of the
developers have.  It is called the MobileGear2.

: Second, what ethernet and CF cards do hpcmips users use and recommend?

The Socket one is known to work, but the Xircom one, despite being
NE2000 compliant doesn't.  There are two version of the Socket, one
ruggedized and the other not.

: For my personal purposes, just being able to boot from CF and edit/view
: text files on the road is enough for now. Eventually I'll want X though.

There's been rumblings of doing X on these things, but so far I've
seen nothing concrete.

Warner