Subject: Re: one more thing to do to be able to build the boot
To: TAKEMURA, Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/15/2000 23:40:22
"TAKEMURA, Shin" <takemura@netbsd.org> writes:
> >One thing that I didn't previously mention, and that nobody mentioned
> >to me, that's required to build the boot loader is Japanese Language
> >support.  It's not enabled by default in US (and probably many other)
> >NT installations (I'd previously just commented out the japanese code
> >page pragma in the .rc file.  8-)
>
> It's better that we will delete multibyte codes from .rc. Don't you
> think so ?

I dunno; the language pack is a free component, and once i figured out
what it was that i needed and how to install it, it wasn't difficult
to install.

If the Japanese text is actually a boon for Japanese users, then i
think it's perfectly reasonable to keep them.  If you don't think they
are, well, it wouldn't bug me if they were removed.  8-)

cgd