Subject: two more PCMCIA cards work
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Pai-Hsiang Hsiao <shawn@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/08/2000 02:17:46
Today I tried both 3Com Etherlink III (3c589D) and Lucent Wavelen on
NEC Mobile Pro 800.

3Com Etherlink III works, I used that for both `nfsnetnsd' and `netbsd'.
(By `nfsnetbsd', only the bootloader and the kernel is stored on the
device, root file system is provided by remote NFS server. By `netbsd',
tiny root file system is on compact flash, with /usr /var both on remote
NFS server)

Lucent Wavelen had swapper trapped when using with `nfsnetbsd'. When
using with `netbsd', "TLB out of universe" occured but could be solved by
turn off `dmesg'.

So, I am very happy running my handheld device with wireless connection,
no wire is required!

BTW, I can not have both DOS partition and NetBSD partition on my 32MB
CF card. `fdisk' works, but after `disklabel' using `disklabel -R -r',
the partition table goes away. I can not install initial disk label
using `disklabel -r', it reports some problems that I can not remeber.

// Shawn