Subject: RE: diskio.h
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: TAKEMURA, Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/04/2000 13:28:05
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
To: port-hpcmips@netbsd.org <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 12:13 PM
Subject: diskio.h

>Perhaps as a test of my own perversity, i've tried compiling the
>pbsdboot program (and libsa) with vc6 and the CE toolkit for vc6.
>
>Aside from all of the warnings (wow 8-), I find that winblk.c won't
>build because they seem to be missing diskio.h.

Diskio.h comes with Embedded Toolkit for VC++ 5.0. (or 6.0, may be...)
For more infomation, please see below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsce/Embedded/start/datasheet.asp

Diskio.h is a tiny header file, but it takes over $1000 :-(
We can't access BSD partition on a flash card without diskio.h. You can
comment it out if you give up to access it and load the kernel from
a DOS partition.

>Also, any reason why the pbsdboot files didn't get checked in with the
>^M's taken off?  (I understand the issues around making a source tree
>checked out under UNIX usable on a PC via samba... was that the
>reason?

Yes. I usually check it out on NetBSD PC and compile it on Windows via
samba. My VC++'s builtin text editor forces me to insert ^M.

Takemura