Subject: Re: ^M (Re: diskio.h)
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/03/2000 19:57:51
itojun@iijlab.net writes:
> >Also, any reason why the pbsdboot files didn't get checked in with the
> >^M's taken off?  (I understand the issues around making a source tree
> >checked out under UNIX usable on a PC via samba... was that the
> >reason?  I suppose there's no great way to actually check the bits out
> >of the 'real' NetBSD CVS repository in a way that's usable on
> >windows...  Maybe we (NetBSD) need to think about that...  8-)
>
> 	I think I've seen discussion-to-death in info-cvs mailing list about
> 	the issue, I don't quite remember the result though...

Yeah.  I'm gonna poke around at it a bit, see if i can come up with
what i'd call The Right Solution for NetBSD, then discuss it here or
someplace.

I've had to cope with this before (at my previous job), and our
solution there was to just do the checkout of the source tree on
windows, i.e. _don't_ share the source tree via samba (or whatever)
between UNIX and windows builds.  I don't think that's appropriate in
this case, since it'd really be a fairly large amount of source ("all
of" sys, to make things easy)...

I also have in the past created some Evil to do "something better"
with project and workspace files.  I might poke around at some of
that, too...

cgd