Subject: Re: TR: Running NetBSD on a Compaq 2010c
To: Bernard Stephan <stephan.bernard@CLERMONT.cemagref.fr>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/14/1999 01:15:56
In message <F17CAFD56F9CD1118E3A0060972339204D6BC2@lassolas.clermont.cemagref.fr> Bernard Stephan writes:
: > My question is wrong - excuse my english - I wanted to know if someone
: > have and idea of what could make the system blocked while booting the
: > kernel. Is it looking for a storage card, for e.g., that I don't have ?
: > Which reasons could make the kernel run on Yasushi's 2010c (japanese
: > model) and not on my 2010c (french model) ?

A dmesg or list of message where it hangs would be helpful.  It would
help us help you troubleshoot the problem.

I'm interested because my Vr4102 based machine hangs when init tries
to exec sh to run /etc/rc.  This kinda sounds like your problem, but
only kinda.  If it turns out your problem is the same and cause by
XXXX, then I'd be keen to know about it.

Warner