Subject: Re: Hello there
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/27/1999 01:11:04
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:09:10 +0100 (MET)

> Noe if that is really what's the hpcmips port is intended to run on: how
> does one work with it? While I can understand using some apps like
> calendar manager etc. but I can hardly imagine running something like a
> shell on it. How does this work, what am I missing?

Remember our stone-age tech called "VT-100 terminal" via RS-232C port.
Palmsize CE must have serial port,because they have to syncronize with
Windowz.

booting from boot kernel on Conpact flash,
I de-touch Conpact Flash,and connect Conpact Flash formed EtherCard.
Once booting up,We got palmsize IPv6 & IPsec machine.

ToDo:
- anyway we should better build /dev/fb device and touch panel driver
- dig the ol'"Serial Mouse" and connect to 232.
- and we have serial keyboard with RS232C interface for Apple Newton

--
jun ebihara