Port-hpcarm archive

Re: Odd behavior in some terminal apps.

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 12:26:42PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Wes Fraizer <wes.frazier%members.fsf.org@localhost> wrote:

> >> I have rebuilt emacs25-nox11, it works for me on a cats.
> >>
> >I ran a pkg_delete 'emacs25-nox11' and a 'pkg_add emacs25-nox11' and I
> >continue to get a segment fault at launch with emacs.
>
> Are you sure that you downloaded the emacs25-nox11 package again ?
>
> I will try building tmux with debug symbols, would you be able to run
> it under gdb to get an idea of why it is failing ?

Im fairly confident it was the new package, I confirmed there was no emacs binary package in /usr/pkgsrc/packages before running pkg_add and saw the WiFi care lightup for a long time on the device as it was fetched. I can post a md5sum or some other hash of the binary.

Is gdb in the base system? (cant check at work this second). If it is I should be able to muddle through that, if not would you mind building it?