Port-hpcarm archive

Re: panic on attempting to extract kernel during install

On 28/02/2016 00:06, Robert Swindells wrote:
> How did you set up the Compact Flash card ? Are you able to plug it in
> to a laptop to have a look at how install left it ?

My testing has came down to wiping CF with a single FAT formatted MBR
partition using disk utility on OS X, which I place kernel, miniroot.fs
& hpcboot.exe
Boot Jornada, in sysinst repartition CF card with a 15MB FAT16 <32M & a
NetBSD partition spanning the remainder.
All space is alloctated to / on the NetBSD slice. There is no swap. Then
attempt to install via HTTP using a PCMCIA ne(4) network card.

With the failed install attempt, I've connected CF to ThinkPad run NetBSD 7
Mounting UFS partition reports filesystem is not clean (fs_clean=0x4);
please fsck(8)

Running fsck reports on Phase 1 that there's a partially truncated inode
Incorrect block count
Phase 2 reports Directory corrupted and more.

On the NetBSD laptop I repartitioned the CF card, created a 705MB FAT16
>32MB partition & remaining allocated to NetBSD. I then ran mbrlabel to
make the DOS partition visible. The copied install files to FAT
partition on OS X.
Boot Jornada & mounted DOS partition & installation is currently working
thing through all the sets.

Long story short, the panic seems to only happen If I attempt to do a
network install.

Sevan