Port-hpcarm archive

Re: panic on attempting to extract kernel during install

Hi,

On 28/02/2016 00:06, Robert Swindells wrote:
> Are you sure the error message isn't:
>
>   ffs_init_vnode: dup alloc

Apologies, you're right, it's ffs_init_vnode: dup alloc

> There should also be a few lines printed before it.

Switched CF cards for a 128MB one I had lying around to try.
Similar error:
ffs_init_vnode: dup alloc
stopped in pid 17.1 (mkdir) at c0049274: mov pc, r14

> How did you set up the Compact Flash card ? Are you able to plug it in
> to a laptop to have a look at how install left it ?

I'd previously partitioned the disk on a NetBSD/hcpmips 5.x running on a
WorkPad Z50 in the new year. Installer just newfs's this same partition.
It's a 4GB CF card with a 300MB FAT partition for hpcboot & files.
remainder is for NetBSD.

The 128MB CF card I just tried, it was a single fat partition made on OS
X, I put hpcboot, kernel & miniroot.fs on there & booted NetBSD on
jornada, then in sysint I repartitioned it. 10MB FAT & remainder for
NetBSD it ran newfs & panicked. Will try & get it connected up to
another machine & see what's readable.

Sevan