Subject: Re: Psion Netbook support?
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: David Given <email@example.com>
Date: 01/22/2007 14:37:56
> Would you mind sending me a copy of your os.img? How big is it?
Very, I'm afraid.
In fact, my osimg is very similar to the sargebook standard image --- I j=
recompiled the kernel to include swap support (which is harder than it lo=
Basic instructions (I know you know this, I just want to spell it out a b=
- format a CF card with #1 as a FAT16 filesystem, #2 as an ext3 filesyste=
- remember to put a journal on the ext3 filesystem with tune2fs -J.
- put SargeBook_v5_os.img on #1 called os.img.
- uncompress the userland of your choice onto #2 (such as SargeBook_v5.tg=
- insert card into *left* slot of netbook.
- leave *right* slot empty.
Particular gotchas is the ext3 journal thing, as it won't boot without it=
that the boot loader thinks the left slot is #0 and the right slot is #1,=
Linux thinks it's the other way round, so if you have any cards in the ri=
slot Linux won't find the CF card in the left slot.
The card will appear as /dev/hda or not at all.
Do join the linux-7110-psion mailing list --- I'm sure all the NetBSD peo=
are sick of this by now (or are giggling quietly to themselves)...
=BD=8D =E2=94=80=E2=94=80=E2=94=80 http://www.cowlark.com =E2=94=80=E2=94=
=E2=94=82 "Is Eris true?" "Everthing is true." "Even false things?" "Even=
=E2=94=82 things are true." "How can that be?" "I don't know, man. I didn=
't do it!"
=E2=94=82 --- _Prinicipa Discordia_