Subject: Re: Psion Netbook support?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: fooboo <fooboo@freeuk.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/19/2007 06:29:07
David Given wrote:

> I'm using a custom os.img file that the
> netbook's firmware automatically boots on startup.

Would you mind sending me a copy of your os.img? How big is it?

I've tried Arlo, it just beeps and goes back to Arlo so I gave up on that
method.

I've tried various combinations of the files on the linux-7110-psion page.

The furthest I've got is I can boot an initrd into ram but nothing from the
CF. I have a 1GB CF card formatted to 3 partitions fat, ext2, and swap.
I've tried following the instructions I've found on two sites but none of
the methods get me past a minimal system that has no X and can't even find
the CF card.
It tries to boot from the card as hda2 but can't find it and panics or I can
interrupt the boot and steer it towards the minimal system that hardly has
any tools/programs.

I've tried modifying the fstab to find the CF card but none of the /dev/?
device names I give it work.
There's no fdisk on the minimal sytem so I can't keep trying /dev devices
until I find the one it thinks it is.

I formatted the CF card using a Knoppix live disc and a pcmcia card reader
as my Gentoo boxes are having trouble using my USB card reader. Knoppix
found it as /dev/hde1

Any tips would be gratefully received. I really want to get this working,
I've got lots of things planned to try on it once it's up and running.