Subject: Re: Patch: Generic TODR for ARM ports
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Postma <peter@pointless.nl>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/17/2006 19:34:16
On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 08:05:13PM +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 16:46:32 +0200, Peter Postma wrote:
>
> > I can add an RTC driver, but I'm not sure how useful that would be,
> > the RTC value is invalid at boot-time
>
> hpcboot passes current time to the kernel as part of bootinfo.  It
> will be off by several seconds by the time the kernel starts, but
> that's still better than fs time.

Ok, but that will probably not help because netbsd is usually booted from
factory defaults (because of the screen brightness bug), so the clock is
then at 2000-01-01.

> BTW, why is RTC time invalid?

The value is the uptime in seconds, even when the date is changed in
windows CE. So it seems that windows CE doesn't use it at all...

--
Peter Postma