Subject: Re: Binary packages for HPCARM/NetBSD 3.0?
To: Mark Cyzyk <mcyzyk@comcast.net>
From: Kim Moritz Nolde <mo_no@gmx.net>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 06/05/2006 17:51:49
Hi Mark,

Mark Cyzyk schrieb:

> All,
>
> (I've finally gotten NetBSD 3.0 up and running on my Jornada 720, with
> the help of Jason Mitchell's very useful jinstall.gz file....)
>
> Compiling software (using swap space on an NFS mount) is turning out
> to be a nightmare.  One package depends on another package which in
> turn depends on another which is itself dependent on a package which
> ultimately fails the build process, breaking the chain all the way
> back up.  (In my case, I can't for the life of me get Perl5 to
> compile...)
>
> I am noticing that there are A LOT of precompiled packages for NetBSD
> 1.6 on HPCARM up on the NetBSD ftp site.  Does anyone know if/where
> these same packages might exist, but compiled for NetBSD 3.0?   If
> there were an archive somewhere of all this then we could just
> 'pkg_add' and all would be well.

I´m currently building packages for NetBSD 3.0 with pkgsrc current from
04th of june 2006.
Unfortunately I do not have any FTP space where I could load them up...
Is it possible to give packages to
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/3.0/  ?

> Also, has anyone noticed that you can't really reboot from within
> HPCARM for NetBSD 3.0?  It boots back out to WinCE, and I don't know
> about you but even then I have to take the battery out and put it back
> in to reset the monitor to acceptable levels of brightness/contrast.
> Then it's back to hpcboot.exe, etc. etc.
I have the same problem and there is no way to avoid it.
> Oh, also, I can't seem to contact the 'apm' deamon on my system.  But
> I'm betting that this was something that just wasn't toggled on when
> the kernel I'm using was compiled?
>
> Mark Cyzyk
> mcyzyk@comcast.net

Bye,