Subject: Need copy of JSINSTALL.gz
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Cyzyk <mcyzyk@comcast.net>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 05/22/2006 11:08:29
All,

I am new here, having recently purchased a nifty (used) HP Jornada 720.
However, I recently spent about a month getting NetBSD 3.0
up/running/configured on an NEC MobilePro 780 (hcpmips) and had begun
the arduous task of compiling on the device itself, until I fried its
monitor that is....

I am noticing that all the docs in the /hcparm/installation/ directory
are missing.  I am referring to this directory:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.0/hpcarm/installation/

It's just an empty directory.

Its analogue in the HPCMIPS tree
(ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.0/hpcmips/installation/)
contains not only the HPC bootloader (hpcboot.exe) but also a generic,
compiled kernel (netbsd.gz) that boots on an hpcmips box directly into
'sysinst' and therefore makes installation oh-so-possible.  Not to
mention the lengthy, and really useful, install docs contained in its
root...

Does anyone know where these files are for hpcarm?   I've heard tell of
a 'JSINSTALL.gz' file that does what the generic kernel posted to the
HPCMIPS tree does:  Boot up and automatically run 'sysinst'.  It would
be great if someone could email me a copy of this file or, better yet,
just post it up in the
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.0/hpcarm/installation/
directory (along with a compiled version of hpcboot.exe) so that
everyone can get to it.

I am pretty excited at the prospect of getting NetBSD up and running on
the Jornada 720, but without these files I am dead in the water.

Thanks!

Mark Cyzyk
mcyzyk@comcast.net