Subject: Re: Problem with a corrupted disklabel
To: Richard Danter <richard.danter@ntlworld.com>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 05/11/2006 15:58:04
On Thursday 11 May 2006 15:35, Richard Danter wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for the link. Problem is that my partitions are already made and
> disklabel does not seem to let me delete them. Is there a way to get the
> CF back to how it was before I installed NetBSD on it so I can go
> through the process again?

According to the man page you can do disklabel -D which should delete all
labels.

-D
 Delete all existing labels (by 1's complimenting the magic number) before
writing any labels to their default location. Implies -r If -D is specified
without a request to write the label, then existing labels are just deleted.

If that doesnt work im afraid i dont know. This is a bit too low level for
me :)

Mark
--
The NetBSD CVS Digest http://digest.coris.org.uk