Subject: Re: keyboard layout changed after upgrade
To: Peter Postma <peter@pointless.nl>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/07/2006 11:25:35
On Friday 07 April 2006 11:18, Peter Postma wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 09:30:39AM +0000, Mark Kirby wrote:
> > I have noted two problems :)
> >
> > 1) the fn key doesn't seem to work so i cant get {}[] keys both in X and
> > the console
>
> Doesn't it work in X or console or both?

The fn key does not work in X or on the console.

> > 2) when in X if i pkill Xhpc to get out the console gets all screwed up,
> > i can type but no text is displayed. After i press return the shell
> > prompt moves further to the right. Logging out and back in fixes the
> > problem.
>
> Looks like PR/32403.
>
> > Is there a key sequence to get out of X and is it possible to have more
> > than one virtual console?
>
> ctrl+alt+backspace should work.

It does but it also screws with the console.

I take it there is no support to switch virtual consoles?

If not would using the picture keys at the top of the keyboard work as
replacements for the function keys?

If its a trivial hack i may be able to do it.

mark
--
The NetBSD CVS Digest http://digest.coris.org.uk
RSS feed http://digest.coris.org.uk/feeds/cvs-rss.xml